How physiotherapy can help the baby with shoulder dystocia?
Shoulder dystocia can cause several complications to the baby. One of the common complication is brachial plexus injury. Physiotherapists can help the baby to overcome this complication through various ways such as:
- Education for parents on the correct positions for holding, carrying, and playing with the baby
- Gentle stretching to prevent contracture of arm
- Identify games and fun tasks that promote strength of arm and hands
- Repetitive training of the affected arm by using age-appropriate tasks
- Use of electrical stimulation to gently simulate the nerve signal to the muscle and keep the muscle tissue functional
Book your appointment with us at: